Tuesday 25 October 2011

What it's all about

So, now I've posted one poem I guess I should really say what this blog is all about.

I've always written poems and song lyrics and little stories and such but have never had the balls to actually show them to anyone. Invariably they have sat on my hard drive, or in a book until I re-read them further down the line and have deleted or thrown them away due to lack of confidence. In an effort to be better I am no longer doing that. I am choosing confidence and embracing fear to try and grow as a person. So much so that recently I actually read Words (which can be read on this blog) at a local poetry reading, to a very good response. The bit is now between my teeth and I am determined to continue along this vein.

Special mentions have to go to all the people of The Loop (you know who you are) for encouraging me and giving me the confidence to see this through, to Kate Tempest (twitter @katetempest for being a massive inspiration to me), to Pete Wadsworth for always encouraging, to Sam Osborne "keep creating - it's what makes us more than animals", and to Joanne Gillan for always being there.

More words to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment